My little munchkins are growing too fast. Beckham is in the crazy stage where he is all about running all over the house, getting into everything, making messes, terrorizing his sister, refusing naps....oh it's such a joy! But there are still those times that he is my sweet little cuddler. At night before he goes to bed, we lay in my bed and he just starts to nod and make motions with his hands that he wants to sing "Twinkle Star". He loves it and wants to sing it over and over and loves to doing the actions. When I am done he looks me in the eye and nods "yes" that he wants to do it again and then gives me his biggest smile, I love it! He has also started saying some words. Of course he knows mama and dada, but besides animals noises he has started to point to his eyes, nose and mouth and can say all three. He also learned hot and will go up to the heater and say "hot". He also loves, I mean LOVES books. If that is what he could do all day, he would just have us read to him. He espcially loves his book of trucks and I used to make noises of all the trucks and now he just automatically does it, stinkin' cute! And Chris and I are pushovers with our kids.....I should've had this accomplishment months ago but kept putting it off with all the traveling we were doing this summer, but Beckham is sleeping through the night! He is out of our room and out of our bed, it's great, but kind of a bittersweet feeling. He is getting too big....time to have another baby....ok, maybe not yet!
Brooklyn is such a smarty pants. She goes to her ABC art class every week and is very good. She loves her teacher and he thinks she is just a kick in the pants with the stuff she says. Her teacher reminds me a lot of Zane, laid back and funny. She can write all her letters and knows all the sounds. And just this last week Chris got her reading words. She sounds them out and does awesome. Chris was so excited that when we went to spooky story time at Barnes and Noble, he got her some easy reader books. We came home and they read for a long time. When they went up to bed Chris was still sounding out everything he said and Brooklyn said, "Dad, stop, no more learning!!" She was tired and just wanted to go to bed. The other day we went shopping and she looked at a couple of signs and read them, she sounded out "kids" and "bath" but I had to help her with the "th" sound, it was really cute.
Another thing that is just adorable lately are Brooklyn's prayers. She has been getting better at thanking and asking. One night her prayer was "thank you for mama and dada and beckham..........and Uncle Zane and Jesus.............and Mike Wazowski and Sid the science kid, amen.
Another night was "bless me to dream about disneyland even though it's far away and help me dream of Jesus coming out of the clouds happy.........and help the goo balls not to get me, amen." (The goo balls are from a game on the Wii that Brooklyn loves to play but when she goes to sleep at night, she thinks the goo balls are going to get her.)
Ok, one more cute thing and then I'll quit for now. She is learning to write her name but when i don't have her name written out she tries to do it herself, so one day she got all excited and said, "Mom, I wrote my name!" I went to look at it and it said, "B O O B" I tried to keep from laughing and had to show it to Chris and we were both trying not to laugh but to just say how awesome it was, I'm giggling right now thinking about it.......(and Zane I know you are too, ha!)
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment