So after all the fun of the wedding, the kids and I were able to stay in Montana for four more days. It was so fun because Laini, Ryan and Staci were still home. Monday morning, Laini, the kids and I went for a walk on my parent's land, it was the perfect morning, sun shining and no wind! We went out to the canal and watch the birds that make their nests out of mud on the bridge and then on the way home we saw a snake slither through the grass, which was funny because Brooklyn wanted to go and catch it after catching her snake a month or so earlier. We got back to the house and we were going to turn the hose on to get a drink and play in the water and I saw a snake poke his head out of the rocks but the house. So Laini and I decided to catch it. He was a smart one, we had to take a bunch of bricks apart and spray water down where he was to get him to move and then Laini was trying to video it while I was trying to catch it with my mom's hot dog griller (which she wasn't too happy about), I started screaming and Laini started screaming....we didn't get the video but I wish we would have....I'm sure we looked rediculous. We finally got it into a big bucket and Brooklyn was so happy she thought "Kaa" her first snake had come back to visit. When my dad and Ryan and Staci got back from their ride out on the range Brooklyn went running to Papa and said she caught a snake...she was very proud. Anyway, the day went on and we had meant to let the snake go outside the fence somewhere....but forgot and he died in the bucket in the sun....whoops!
We went into Great Falls and had lunch at El Comador, my favorite place to eat when I am home, and then to visit my Grandma. Then my sister and brother and new sister-in-law had to get on the plane. The rest of the week was fun and relaxing just hanging out on the farm.....we went for rides in the truck and saw lots of deer, played with the cat, went swimming and just had a good time.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment