Wednesday, August 20, 2008

5 years and still in love

Wow! It's weird to say it's our five year anniversary! Time flies, it really doesn't seem that long ago that we were married but then again when you see how many times we've moved, we have two kids, we're almost done with law school, I guess it's been that long.

I just want to take a moment and let my dream come true husband know how much I love him. He was an answer to my prayers, a best friend, a perfect match for me. I will never forget the feeling I had when I first talked to him. It's unexplainable....I felt like I needed to know him...and had to take every chance I could to meet him and find out why I felt the way that I did.

Heavenly Father opened that door and it has been the most amazing journey ever since. I still can't believe how our story unfolded, we truly were meant to be. I love the saying, "Once upon a time, right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairytale..." That is how I would explain our love story, it's my own fairytale. It has it's ups and downs but at the end of the day I can always say that I know I am loved and that my heart belongs to Chris, my one and only...the one I will walk through this life with hand and hand and the one I get to be crowned celestially with. He is my rock and my strength, the one who can make me so mad and then make me laugh two seconds later, the one who lets me cry when I want to and will put his extreemly huggable arms around me, the one who makes the silliest of sillies come out of me and we'll laugh and laugh and laugh. I just love him....that's all I can say.

I've been blessed to have 2 amazingly beautiful children with him and one other who I believe watches over us and helps keep us strong. He is an amazing dad and I could not ask for a better father for my children. I love being with Chris and our kids, we have the best times together. We laugh and play and hug and dance...it's the best.

I am also blessed to watch the priesthood preside in our family. The silent strength that is there when I watch Chris give priesthood blessings, the dedication to fulfill his church callings, or the way he explains his knowledge of the gospel. He amazes me and it makes me only want to be a better person each day.

I am thankful to his hard work and dedication in all that he does. I am especially proud of him in his schooling. I could not even read one page of one of his law books and be the slight bit interested. But there he is day after day after day reading lots of words that I cannot comprehend when put together. He is still top of his class and is one of the only students at his school who has a family to also take care of, I think that it amazing.

I also love that he lets me be me. He supports my many hobbies and lets me prove that I can do things. He loves to help me with my photography and is interested in my vinyl business. He loves my projects and loves to see what the next thing I come up with in decorating ideas. He lets me have my time away from the kids and supports the silly girl nights I put together. He loves my family and likes to be around them. One of the most important things I love about Chris is that he loves Montana and the farm I grew up on. That place is so near and dear to my heart. Whenever we go there, all the worries and cares of the world leave and we are able to relax....one of the most magical memories of our marriage happened on the farm when we discovered lightning bugs right near my house...it was a memory I will never forget. He also loves to just hang out with me, even if we are just folding laundry or flipping channels, we just love to be together and make the most of it, that's what best friends do.

So, I guess I just want to say Thank you Chris for loving me and for choosing me to be your wife. You complete me and I will love you forever and ever.

I wrote Chris a poem 4 1/2 years ago and would just like to share it on this 5 year anniversary...

Never knowing it exists
or how it comes to be
Love whispered into my Heart,
my Soul.
with gentle touches,
longing glances,
A feeling.......
a feeling one can't describe.
no definition
no explanation
~beyond the simple truths of Love.
a connection
a perplextion
a belief in destiny?
It fits: all is right; it's in place
peace and harmony in perfection with Love unimaginable
each moment of life now has meaning
i've found what everyone seaches for...

My Heart.....is Home
My Soul holds firm in Your Heart
an everlasting Love
one with Eternal glory
a fairy tale without an end
a Forever story unfolding
a journey together

...in Your arms

the future...
nothing but happiness

because of You.
Your Heart. Your Soul.

......My Home


Happy Anniversary Chris....I love you!

and you're really stinkin' cute!!

2 comments:

Julia said...

Ah Yay. Happy Anniversary!

nan said...

You truely are a gift to each other. I love you both. It has been a blessing to be part of your lives. Love you guys!