Ok so I posted this once before but I am again so that you get the whole story of the wedding.
Sooo, the Glacier trip.....was awesome!!! I cannot even describe how amazing the whole weekend was...I guess I will try to put it into words. First of all, I love the mountains, I have seen a lot of mountains in different states and such, I haven't been all over the world, but....whenever I go to Montana, it's no competition, they have the most beautiful mountains ever!!! I am not kidding, if any of you who read this have been or ever go there, I know you will agree.
Sooo, the Glacier trip.....was awesome!!! I cannot even describe how amazing the whole weekend was...I guess I will try to put it into words. First of all, I love the mountains, I have seen a lot of mountains in different states and such, I haven't been all over the world, but....whenever I go to Montana, it's no competition, they have the most beautiful mountains ever!!! I am not kidding, if any of you who read this have been or ever go there, I know you will agree.
So I can't believe how Heavenly Father answers prayers....I hate packing as I mentioned before but the other thing I hate is airport security. It is just stupid what they make you do, I know I know, it's for our own good but it is just a crappy process that I hate going through with kids, strollers, laptops, cameras, etc. But, every step of the way this time was a breeze and so many people volunteered to help me, even the sweetest lady helped me get everything through security and after we were all done we figured out we were both LDS, both headed to family weddings, it was funny. Another great thing was that the flight was only a little over an hour which made it nice. The sky was clear that day and when we took off we could see Mt. Rainier, Mt. St Helens and Mt Hood all in a row to the south, it was pretty cool.
Well, we landed and Brooklyn was so excited to see her GG and Papa...when she saw them, she ran to give them hugs and asked them about her kitty on the farm. We got our luggage and headed to the lodge we were staying at to meet up with the rest of the family. There was a caravan of 4 cars carrying both our family and Staci's family. We lost Zane who was driving one of the cars for a short time because my mom has some of the most funny and embarrassing stories she tells. Well, she decided to tell Zane one of these stories and Zane got laughing so hard he had to pull over...he soon caught up to us and was still laughing when we got there.
The Great Bear in was a brand new lodge and cabin facility. The owner was so hospitable....she was going through so much trying to get this lodge going. It was supposed to be all done the first of June but she had some struggles and the cabins (which we were supposed to stay in) weren't finished and the landscaping wasn't done....she hated to cancel on a wedding party, so she turned away the people who were supposed to stay in the lodge and gave it to our family to have the whole place to ourselves. It was amazing!! There were 8 suites and everyone got there own space with gorgeous and spacious rooms with flat screen tv's and complimentary huckleberry fudge (Laini and my favorite part). The common areas were gorgeous with big windows overlooking the mountains and beautiful fireplaces. There was also a rec room with pool table. Ryan and Staci assigned us our rooms and we all got settled in, Staci had even made a gift bag for everyone who came, it was such a nice personal touch.
That night we made dinner in the big kitchen and sat together in the huge nook with windows all around. My mom had made some yummy pulled pork sandwiches and lots of yummy treats. Ryan and Staci had personalized water bottles that had their picture on it, we all got a kick out of it. After dinner we headed to Glacier Park, a few miles away to Lake McDonald. This is our family's usual place where we stay, it is such a beautiful place go. Beckham, my dad, Laini, Zane and I all skipped rocks and were being silly while Ryan and Staci showed her family around. Beckham kept acting like he wanted to get into the water, so Aunt Laini took his sock off and stuck his toe in. He took it out and sat there for a minute before his lip curled and he just started crying. The water is ice cold...Laini felt bad but it was kinda funny. At sundown we headed back to the cabin and hung out. Beckham and Staci's niece, Abby, had a blast crawling after each other on the floor and the people that owned the lodge had these 4 huge, I mean, huge dogs that Beckham loved. He giggled when they kissed him and loved to ride on their backs. He had started to get the woof woof sound going and could almost say Dog, it was so cute. We taught him to stick out his tongue and pant, it's hilarious.






2 comments:
Sounds like a blast can't wait to hear and see more!
Hi there! so happy you found my blog!!! I've been playing around with cameras for a few years now but just getting in to the whole business end of things this past year......it's so so so fun!
your kids are too cute!
I'd love to talk! sheenajibsonphotography(at)gmail(dot)com
Post a Comment