Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to regular life (not such a bad thing)

Soooo, we have had an awesome fun filled summer and we are going to have a fun fall too. But the best thing is we are back on schedule. Chris started his 3rd and final year of law school today....Yay!!! The first two years have gone by pretty quick so I know this year will. Chris received his offer from Perkins Coie and is so relieved. This year will be his easiest year...he'll still have tough classes but no writing classes and not as much law review stuff plus his schedule is really nice and open.

I am having fun with the kids, Brooklyn will be starting an ABC artist class in a few weeks as well as a ballet class, she is so excited and can't wait to do them....in the meantime we do school activities every day and she loves it. Beckham is a handful at the moment, he is such a fun kid but is getting into everything and teething at the same time so he is super cranky. And he still doesn't sleep through the night and he won't quit nursing....whatever!!!! I hope things start getting better there. I just bought the dreamweaver program with training DVD's to learn web design so I can start a web page for Word Boutique and tweek the warnerportraits website. I am really excited to learn about making websites and really excited to put some of my new and recent portrait work on there.

We had some down time the last few weeks which were great, we played a lot of video games, went to the park, shopping aquarium and watched the olympics it was really nice to have no schedule.....except I thought neither Chris or I would be working but I got a ton of photo jobs so it worked out for Chris to be at home while I did those.

We were able to celebrate our anniversary by going to the temple and it was so nice. We had been fasting and praying that things would work out for Chris' job and Heavenly Father blessed us so it was a really good day. We are really excited to start planning post school stuff now. Going on a trip, buying a house, etc. So it's actually a reality now instead of a dream.

We were invited to 3 parties on Saturday and each one was really fun. The first one was for two little girls. Their mom was the one who worked at drugstore.com with Chris and referred him to Perkins so it was so fun to tell her that he got the job. I took some pictures of her girls and the kids played and had a blast. It was at a park on Lake Sammamish in Issaquah. There was a fun playground, and ducks to chase and a dock with slides and diving board and a floating trampoline. We all had a lot of fun and want to go back.







The second party was for the gospel essentials class from church, Chris is a ward missionary so we were invited along with new members of the ward to a guy who owns a lake house out in Maple Valley/Black Diamond. It was so fun. His backyard was grass down to a lake with a dock and the water was warm and there was an awesome view of Mt. Rainier. Again, the kids and us had a lot of fun. There were a few older girls there and they let Brooklyn pal around with them it was so cute.








From there it was my party, I dropped the kids and Chris off and went to my friend, Janeece's house. It was a girl's night to make pizza and gab...we had a blast and I didn't leave until midnight...we've got to do that more, so it was a good weekend.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Very cute pics Melissa! I love your blog.

I also have 2 blogs :)

http://shannonthedomesticgoddess101.blogspot.com/

http://family-fun101.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you today at the park.

Emily said...

looks like a blast! Congrats on the new job!