Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ryan and Staci's wedding day

Ok, so now I am finally writing about my bro's wedding day. It was a nice relaxing morning at the lodge, everyone just hung out and had breakfast. Chris and I played some pool, the kids ran around with the big dogs and then it was time to get ready.


Everyone got ready and headed down to Heaven's Peak Lodge and Resort. It was a beautiful log lodge with very nice landscaping and a great view of Glacier's mountains. Laini and I got ready with Staci and her mom and sisters. It was fun getting all dressed up and Staci looked absolutely gorgeous. Brooklyn got into her amazing little flower girl dress and looked so adorable. She was so excited to be doing her important job of showing Staci where to go to find Uncle Ryan. She was excited to have her basket full of flowers.

Everyone else was ready and the ceremony was about to begin. It was so fun to see the guys all dressed nicely. Chris, Zane, and Dad wore matching ties that I found them....I had to drive to 3 different stores to get them the same style. My mom had found a beautiful dress and sassy shoes as usual and Ryan looked pretty spiffy himself...Is spiffy a word....my dad used to say it a lot... Ha! It was so nice to have it just be the family for their wedding. It was just so comfortable and less stressful and laid back. It just flowed so well.

The ceremony began and Brooklyn took her cue and started walking up the long aisle to Ryan....she got a little confused on the way though and it was so cute! She started zig-zagging across the lawn before she got to the actual aisle, but she was so focused and wanted to do it just right. She threw her petals out so well, what a stinkin' cute kid.


Staci came out with her dad and looked beautiful, it was awesome to see her and Ryan make their dream come true...just the way he looked at her as she was coming down the aisle was golden....you could see such happiness. The ceremony was nice and short and sweet with a few little funnies in it. Our bishop from my parent's ward was able to marry them so it was nice to have someone we knew do the wedding and he is also quite a funny guy.....a big cowboy who does the moonwalk.....another story for another time, ha! It was 90+ degrees outside and everyone was melting so it was good that it was short and sweet. After the kiss, Ryan and Staci went back down the aisle to the lodge and Brooklyn told her dad, I have to do my job and followed them and through petals behind them, it was so cute.


She knew that it was an important day and then asked if she could go and give them a hug and she did and they told her how good she did, it was so cute. Then she jumped into her daddy's arms and said, "Give me a kiss" and he gave her a kiss and then she said, "Now we are married!" It was so cute and funny.


We then had an hour or so to enjoy appetizers and visit with each other while also taking pictures. Then we had a fabulous dinner in the lodge, it was a gorgeous lodge and Staci did an awesome job with the decorations. We all were able to sit at the same table and enjoy each other and have some laughs. We all signed a decorated plate for Ryan and Staci, which I thought was a really cute idea and then the little ones ran around and were our entertainment before the cake cutting.


They cut the cake out on the deck overlooking the mountains, it was so pretty and we all enjoyed a piece and then it was time for their first dance to Broken Road by Rascal Flatts. I got the most amazing dancing pictures I have ever gotten at a wedding. I'm not just saying that because he is my brother, they truly were photogenic and the background was great and they just had awesome expressions that I was able to capture.


We finished up at the lodge and most everyone went back to the Great Bear Inn and Staci, Ryan, Beckham, mom, dad, JP, Staci's dad, and I went into Glacier Park for some more amazing photos. We got some awesome ones at the lake, at the river, on the bridge and in the woods. I love the pictures....I can't wait to redo our website and get them on it.


We went back to the Great Bear Inn and we were able to just relax and enjoy the night. We played pool and the kids had fun being silly, we played with the big dogs they had there, ate mud pie, watched tv, etc. It was really fun. JP and I stayed up late and looked at all our photos that we took, he was really fun to work with and had an awesome style. We picked out some pictures for a slide show to do at breakfast the next morning.


So, the wedding day was fantastic and fun. I would recommend a small destination wedding to anyone, it was awesome.

No comments: