Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Phantom of the Opera....finally, a date night with no worries!

So, when Chris' mom came to visit, she was so nice to schedule her visit around when Chris and I wanted to attend Phantom. When Chris got his job at Perkins, they gave him a congratulatory gift of $200 to do whatever he wanted with. We decided to go to Phantom and a nice restaurant. So, in addition to not having to pay for our night out, we didn't have to pay a babysitter either! I had been so nervous leaving Beckham a few times with me still nursing him and him teething, it was nice to know we had a family member there who knew him, it made Chris and I both relax and enjoy our evening.

We went with Kim and Brett Ottley and had a blast. We ate dinner at Purple, a very nice restaurant downtown where Chris went with his "snobby" crowd all summer for lunch.....(they aren't snobs, it's just a joke between Chris and I that he has his normal life and his fabulous snob life). Chris ordered a lamb burger, Brett got wild boar and Kim and I both got lobster mac and cheese and we're here to say it was the best mac and cheese we have ever had and we'd get it again. (well maybe not, if I had to pay for it $$$)

We headed to the theatre and the show was awesome! I love the music from Phantom, it reminds me of high school, we sang some of the music in choir and played some in band. It was a really fun night and Kim and I were both able to dress up and look nice while we made our husband change from jeans into dress pants and they complained a little after seeing a guy in dress pants and a wife beater, ha ha, it was funny. There were a lot of unique styles at the theatre from jeans to tux's....we were right in between.

We got home and the kids were in bed, as well as our babysitter, thanks mom!!

No comments: