Brooklyn and Beckham warmed right up to my parents. We drove in the yard and they were out on the porch waiting for us. My dad was doing a goofy dance, I guess that's where I get my weirdness, jk. My mom brought out a big basket of balls and we all ran around and played on the front lawn. The kids really needed it after the long drive. We got settled in and the kids slept really good that night.
The next morning, Saturday, was sooo nice. My mom and dad got the kids up and dressed and fed and had already gone for a walk when I got up. I went outside to see what they were up to and I could tell that I was going to want to be outside all day. Not a cloud in the sky, no wind, perfect temperature, silence and the smell of fall.
The kids were having a blast exploring and my dad came over to tell me that Brooklyn has taken a liking to grasshoppers. On their walk to go get the newspaper, they kept seeing grasshoppers, she decided to stop and talk to one and then the cat came by and ate it....she got so upset and was almost in tears and my dad had to say that the cat spit him back out. She was ok and found another grasshopper while my dad crossed the road to get the paper with Beckham. When he came back Brooklyn said, "I caught one Papa", and she was carrying two rocks pushed together in her hands. She showed him and there was a half smashed grasshopper just about dead....he tried not to laugh and just said "oh neat".
catching a grasshopper
showing it to grandpa
trying to feed it
So the rest of the morning was spent outside playing with grasshoppers, she would catch them and put them in a basket and then they would jump out and her and my mom would laugh, we had a regular flea (grasshopper) circus on our hands. It was really gross but so fun to see how sweet she was to these gross bugs. Beckham was having fun with the cats and following them around and petting them and can now say "meow". He would get so excited to play with the cats, it was so cute. I would really love to get one right now because they are the perfect nanny for the kids. We would bring the cat in and the kids would follow it around and play for hours with it, it was so cute. Anyway, Beckham saw Brooklyn catching bugs and he decided that would be fun and he saw a big black beetle on the ground. He totally grabbed it and picked it up and showed it to me, my dad and I had a pretty good laugh.
playing with the cats

Beckham's beetle
So now that we are done with the gross part (my kids seem to do some gross things, the last two times we were in Montana, they caught snakes!). Now we are onto something better. So I always go on and on about how beautiful my parent's land is and that Chris and I want to have a cabin there some day. Well Montana in general is just a gorgeous place, Lori and I loved driving over and seeing the fall colors in the canyons. My dad's farm was changing as well and here are a few shots of the farm's beauty. The kids loved going down to the farm, one night we went out into the hays fields,rode on the tractor, played in the barn and in the cattle shoot. The kids had a blast.






2 comments:
How could you ever leave that place? That would be my dream come true. Can I go live there?
Looks like the kids and grandparents had a blast :)
Post a Comment