Thursday, June 12, 2008

Firehouse Tour

Today we went to the firehouse. Brooklyn was so excited. I told her last night that we were going to go and she said, "Oh yay!, maybe when I get there the fireman will give me some green and blue suckers." I didn't think anything of it and then when she woke up, she said the same thing...Chris and I wondered where she got that...but then again, we know she has the best memory of anyone I know. She was thinking back to Halloween down on the waterfront. There was a fire truck there and firemen passing out candy. Anyway, she had a great time and so did Beckham. They got to hear the siren and see the flashing lights...they got to see the ladders and hoses. Then they got to sit in the firetruck and pretend to drive! She loved every minute. We watched the firemen go down the pole and put on their gear and got to take pictures. Then they were given Junior firefighter badges and Brooklyn took this very serious. I had to call her fireman Brooklyn all the way home. She had to call her daddy and her Papa to tell them all about it. Beckham had fun taking it all in and the firefighters thought he was pretty cute!

No comments: