Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Beckham is walking!!!

So, Beckham kind of started walking the middle of May, he took 4 steps by himself at my parent's house in Montana. That was pretty exciting, but we decided not to work with him too much yet....I didn't want to have to run after him already, he was already growing up too fast. So anyway, after our traveling around and getting settled back at home, we were working with him again and a couple of weeks ago he would just get all excited and take two steps and then lunge forward into either of our arms. So we decided to give up for a while and watch TV. Well a little while later, Beckham was just cruising around the furniture holding on and turned and smiled at me. I said something to him and said come here cutie and he totally let go of the couch and walked over 5 or 6 steps. Chris and I were totally not expecting it, I don't think Beckham was either, it was so funny. So he got all proud of himself and got brave and tried doing it a few more times, but would get too excited and laugh and fall down. It was so fun.

So we've just worked with him the last few weeks and now he will get his balance and walk 6 to 8 steps at a time. He concentrates so hard, it's so cute!!! I just love him, I just want to squeeze him all the time, he's so cuddly!!

Another fun game, he loves to play is the stair game. If I don't put up the gate he will go over to the stairs get on the first step and turn around a make a noise and smile. I say get back here, I'm going to get you.....and he takes off and laughs and giggles and squeals as he goes as fast as he can up the stairs...and if I get behind him, he gets all excited and goes faster and if I try to tickle him, he still tries to concentrate on climbing but will put one hand back and slap my hand away, it's so funny, he's got the funnest personality. He's my little sweetheart!

No comments: