Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

Ok, so I wanted to post something sooner, but there went that new year's resolution...ha! Time....where does it go.

I'm really excited for 2010! It's just time for change in the Warner house. We had a fabulous 2009 just flying by the seat of our pants half the time....but we found out that our family needs a bit more structure....so yesterday was the big day, Chris went to the first day of the rest of his life! His new job as an attorney at Perkins Coie. I thought it was going to be a day where everyone was all out of sorts, but it actually went smoother than I thought. I think part of it is that we figured out what our priorities are and put them in place....but for me that has to be done in my mind every single day or I get way too distracted. I think I seriously have ADD, my brain is on overload all the time to the point of extreme anxiety, which then, makes me feel like I have knots in my stomach all the time! Does anyone else feel this way? Or are you all just laughing and saying....yeah, she is weird! Anyway, it's going to take some time to fix my weirdness, hence my decision to quit photography and many of the other things I think I need to do in order to feel like a normal person again. But it is really hard to keep myself on track and finish one thing before starting the next and to stop jumping into things sporatically.

SIMPLIFY--- that's the word for 2010. Cut back on the things that don't matter and concentrate on the things that do matter. First thing, concentrate on taking care of me inside and out. So of course, exercising, eating right, all the spiritual stuff and a little pampering, I know it sounds selfish, but I think I deserve a little pampering once in a while. I would really like to get a massage sometime or have reflexology done so I'm going to and I won't feel guilty about it, end of story!

Next, increase the spirituality in Chris and my relationship....this has always been good, but why can't it be better! More temple trips, scripture study, & gospel discussions (which I love getting into with him because he is so smart!) And then more us time.....real dates, surprises, silliness, all that fun stuff!

Then the kids of course! I can't believe Brooklyn will start school this year, I'm freaking out! So lots and lots of time will be spent with my cuties making our relationships a foundation of trust, openess, love and fun! So included will be one on one dates with each child separately every now and then and Chris will do that too! It's going to be so fun!

Our little family unit is already strong so we're just going to make it stronger by teaching our kids more and spending more quality time and of course, planning fun outings and vacations! It's only 5 days into the new year and I've got at least 2 big trips planned!

Our big family! We were so blessed last year to see everyone in both families a lot. So we are going to stay in better touch with all of them. As well as staying in touch with our good friends.

So besides quitting photography, I am no longer on facebook (big time waster), and I'm only doing a little bit of the vinyl lettering. So now I'll be able to blog about everything that happened last year and get caught up to the present and keep it up on a regular basis. I also have some fun projects I have wanted to get to that I will finally have the time for and we'll be looking for a nice house out in Snoqulamie/North Bend area to rent in the near future....yay! more space and a real yard and a garage, wohoooo!

So I know this was a boring post but I just wanted to write it all down.......to 2010!!! I hope all of you are off to a great start too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at the new you for 2010. So glad the new job is going well for Chris and it sounds like you have PLENTY to keep you busy! I've contemplated deleting FB too but can't do it yet! Can't wait to see you soon this month.
xoxo
Mitzie

Jill said...

It all sounds good, except that selfishly, I'm sad to lose my photographer and my friend from the West Seattle ward this year!

Sheralie said...

Great goals. I like the goal of simplifying, I never regret it when I remember :)