Friday, September 4, 2009

Seattle University School of Law Graduation!

We made it! 3 years....done! Check it off the list. Our journey started in July of 2006 and man, we thought it was going to be a looooooonnng 3 years....and look at it, it's already 2009! He took his last finals the other day (thank goodness!) It's a bitter-sweet feeling, I mean, of course I am glad we are done, but it's weird that we are moving on to the next step...it's exciting and yet a little scary.

The last 3 years we've done so much and we loved every minute, but sometimes don't you wish you could go back and relive some of the moments, my kids are going to be 4 and 2...when did that happen? Crazy is all I have to say.

3 years ago we were scared to death of a "real big city" which turned out not to be as big and scary as we thought. We came up here, explored, found jobs, got into the groove of school and ended up loving it. The first semester really wasn't bad, I was anticipating Chris being gone 8 hours a day and then coming home to study all night (which did happen occasionally) but his hours were awesome. He was home by 4 most of the time and only had school until noon on Friday. I was busy getting my name out there in photography and we did really well and were very blessed, I owe a lot of my jobs to Sue Thulin who I partnered up with for some photography jobs.

I also worked at 24 hour fitness on monday nights 6-11pm and Thursday night graveyard shift (I know, I have no idea why). It was killer, especially being pregnant. The next day after my graveyard, I was absolutely dead....poor Brooklyn, oh well we made it through. I was actually pregnant twice and even thinking about my graveyard shift makes me cringe, it is where, in the middle of the night, I miscarried our second child. I know, you probably didn't want to know that but this is like my diary and I needed to put that in here because it made Chris and I so much stronger at that point in our lives and I know he watches over us. But the happy part is I was able to get pregnant a month later with our little Beckham. That year was probably the slowest. Being pregnant obviously makes things go reeallly slow, living in a little 2 bedroom place with crazy neighbors on either side and waiting again to see if we were transferring schools.

The most exciting thing about school that year was Chris was #1 in his class of 335 people!!! I knew that kid was smart, but this.....was amazing! He was one of the only student with a family to take care of as well as study, that is just cool. This gave us the opportunity of scholarships, possible school transfers, bigger job opportunities. He is awesome! And because he was so awesome, I bought him a wii!! and then I went into labor that night...

So our second year started off with a brand new baby boy and a very confident hot school boy going into his second year and interviewing for BIG internships. Thankfully, he was given scholarships and had a smaller internship so that I did not have to work at 24 hour fitness anymore!!! Just pictures here and there.

Chris went to interview after interview. So many firms liked him, but there was one in particular that he was interested in, Perkins Coie. He was able to get that internship and we were so excited about that!

The rest of that year was good, mostly because we had moved into a 3 bedroom apartment and things were falling into place. I started another company that year....Word-Boutique, a vinyl lettering company, which is small, but I like to keep it that way so that I can still make some moolah but have time for my fam......and make whatever I want whenever I want!

The Perkins Coie internship was awesome for Chris, he really liked what he was doing, he went out to fancy restaurants everyday, and we got free zip cars all summer as well as fun perks like going sailing and to a retreat at an awesome resort! So don't worry, it didn't end there...they offered him a job at the end of the summer....whew! wipe the brow, we have a job after school!!

3rd year....flew!! Chris still had good grades, had an awesome schedule (he was hardly at school), and we were having fun. Now, we're here! Done with crappy finals which I often left and went to my parents while he studied. Graduation weekend already.

Chris' parents flew in for the weekend and we had a great time. We celebrated Brooklyn's birthday a week early, went out to dinner, and gave Chris gifts. I made him a photo book documenting our last 3 years and then told him about his more expensive gift he would get once he made money. I am going to make him a frame with his diplomas and tassels, and other accomplishments but because we didn't have the diploma yet, I couldn't make it....and it's kinda pricy! His parents gave him money for new suits, he's going to look sooooo good.

On May 16th, we all went down to Seattle Center and went into Key Arena where the graduation was held. It was really nice. Except for once they started actually giving out the diplomas, Chris was a "W" name, so 300 and some people and an hour later, he finally got his. Brooklyn waited and waited and when it was time, they called his name and I yelled, "That's my man!" and Brooklyn yelled, "That's my Daddy!" It was pretty cool to watch and see him get hooded. A little choked up feeling.....ok so then he was done and we went outside and played by the fountain and went to the science center with the kids. It was a great day and I'm so proud of you Christopher Lou!!! I love you!


Create Your Own















1 comment:

Jill said...

You've been a busy little blogger! That was a great story about your time in Seattle. Congrats to the grad, it is such a HUGE accomplishment!