Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sparkling Fairy Pre-school

So, preschool is way too expensive don't you agree??? It makes me sick...anyway, so two of my friends and I decided to do a co-op preschool with our girls. Brooklyn, Grace, and Hadley are in the Sparkling Fairy Pre-school, Brooklyn came up with the name while putting on sparkly lotion and I was telling her about how she was going to school. She asked if it was a fairy school, a sparkling fairy school. So we thought the name was cute and went with it. We made them some cute T-shirts to wear and they all LOVED them and they got to make fairy wands.

Mel, Sara and I each take turns teaching. We have class once a week and on the 4th week we have a field trip. I have taught class once and it was Valentine's week so we had quite a valentine party, I had so much fun planning it. The girls came and sat around the table and I taught them the letter V, how to write it, what words start with it....Valentine, we learned the shape heart and how to draw it and went over our valentine colors red, white, and pink. Then we cut out hearts and decorated them and also made cute photo valentines for their parents and learned a valentine song:

I'm gonna wrap myself in paper
I'm gonna dab myself with glue
I'm gonna put a stamp on top of my head
I'm gonna mail myself to you

I'm gonna tie myself with red string
I'm gonna use blue ribbon too
I'm gonna climb up in your mailbox
I'm gonna mail myself to you

They then had time to just play for a bit while I set up their party. I bought them cute mailboxes and put their names on them, they turned out so cute. I made some heart shaped cookies and love potion.

Their parents came back for the party, they got their mailboxes and exchanged valentines. Then they gave their photo valentines to their moms and performed their song with actions. Then they got to decorate cookies and drink love potion, it was really fun, man I love having parties, it's the best!

Along with the valentine party pics are their pics with their shirts on. They loved matching and loved the fairies on the back and that the whole shirt sparkled. We are having a lot of fun with this group of little girls, we've got lots of fun ideas ahead.


2 comments:

Karina Rigtrup said...

Holy cow melissa!! So cute!! You are amazing, you really went all out. That's one pre-school lesson I'm sure they'll remember.

Carol said...

Wow looks like so much fun. I remember doing pre-school with my kids. It was alot of fun. They are sure lucky to have such fun teachers that like to party. That makes learning so much more fun!