Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How do you do everything?

I have been stuggling lately to really figure out a balance in my life. There are so many distractions that lead us off course that I constantly struggle to stay balanced. There have been times in my life that I have felt so good because of a balanced life and putting family, the gospel and myself first. I have been a bit out of it for some time now, overdoing one thing and not paying enough attention to another and needed a wake up call. So as i sit here pondering on life and what is important to me, I want to start today and work on the things I have become way to unbalanced with. As much as I love my businesses and creating and planning get togethers, they are going to be put on the back burner, not giving them up, but not using all my time on them. The front burner is going to be my husband, my kids, the gospel and myself. I just need a reformat of my hard drive I guess you could call it. Because once those things are steady then everything else will fall into place and I can happily serve others and do my businesses and keep my house clean. I really feel that my life will be more pleasant with out all the stress and figuring out what needs to come first. I know this is probably boring to you, but I am writing it for myself so that I can see if in the future I can feel the way I want to feel by setting these goals. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with life, it just needs a little TLC. I've got a lot of journaling and blogging to do so this will be part of it, since I have been lacking on the blogging too.

To a new lifestyle!

4 comments:

Emily said...

To a new life! I am right there with ya! You are so great! Thanks for your example. Love Danger boy and girl. Montana is beautiful. I am still sad I didn't get to go home with you that weekend. Miss ya!

Carol said...

You will never regret putting your family, the gospel and you as your number one priorities. Way to go! Those sweet little ones will grow up fast and so you don't want to miss out on all of that. One day you will look back and be so glad that you made this decision.

Jill said...

This is not boring. It's nice to hear from someone who does seem to always have it all together. I often feel the same way. I know what you mean about getting in a good groove and then noticing one day you're out of it. It's so good to take inventory once in awhile to make sure your priorities are straight.

Nilda Noel said...

I hear you. Why is it so easy to get distracted with life and forget what is really important? It is nice to hear others struggle with the same thing? When are you coming here? Send me an email again...sorry...I'm forgetful:)