Thursday, October 30, 2008

HSM3!!! that's High School Musical 3 for those of you who don't know the lingo

Yeah, so my friend Janeece and I love HSM. We first found out about this love when we went to see Mama Mia a few months ago and the preview came on for HSM. We both got excited and then got even more excited when we both knew we could go see it together and relive being 17!!

I first found out about HSM when a missionary that served in our ward 18 years ago...Elder Bart Johnson...(that's crazy!) emailed my parents to tell them he was in a new Disney movie. So we watched it and fell in love. By the way, he is the coach/Troy's dad in the movie.

So Brooklyn was almost two when she first watched it with my sister, Laini and I, and she absolutely loved it! So of course, we bought the movie and the CD and that whole summer all she sang in the car was HSM. Well, then last year, the 2nd one came out and she loved it too! So we even got her the karaoke HSM for the Wii and we sing it together and she loves it.

So when I told her that HSM3 was coming in the theatre, she freaked out and every time she saw the commercial she'd yell, "HSM3 mommy, HSM3, can we go see it!" So we decided we'd go. We went to walmart and she picked out a HSM3 shirt, it's pretty sassy, with sequins and she wore her red shoes to match! Then we curled her hair pretty and painted her fingernails and put some glitter makeup on to go to the show. OH, I forgot to tell you the best part.....we were in Target before the movie even came out and we saw that the CD for the 3rd one was already on sale....Chris just put it in the cart and I was like, what are you doing....and he said, well we are going to end up buying it anyway (yeah, whatever, he secretly likes it too!)








Janeece and Linus came and picked us up, we popped in the CD and headed down to Southcenter mall. Brooklyn requested her favorite song on the CD....which she already knows them all..."The boys are back" and she was trying to teach Linus the words. We went to eat at Olive Garden and it was oh so yummy! Brooklyn liked going to a fancy restaurant. When we were done eating and walking toward the theatre, Brooklyn and Linus got really excited and said, "There it is, the big theatre!" and they chanted "High School Musical 3" the rest of the way. Sorry I am being so descriptive but it was just too cute to forget.
We got the tickets and the kids were both excited to hold them.


We went and got popcorn, juice, gummy treats and m&m's and went into our theatre. The kids were way excited about the big screen and they both looked so cute sitting there holding their treats. Then the movie came on and Brooklyn loved it!!! She shouted "High School Musical 3, woooo!" and sang with the songs and danced in her chair a little bit. She kept sharing her treats with me and was so animated the whole time. And when they were spending too much time on Sharpay, she would lean over to me and say, "Where's my Troy?"



Well, after the show, Janeece and I were both like, Wow! that was awesome and we aren't afraid to admit it. It was really really good. I loved the songs and the choreography, it was really well made. The kids were all pumped up too and danced around all the way out of the theatre.

We had a great night and when we got home Brooklyn had to call GG and Papa and tell them how the movie was since they are fans too! She was cute telling them all about it. That night she slept and when she woke up she said, "Guess what I dreamed about mommy?" "I dreamed about Troy singing to me." I asked her if Troy was her boyfriend and she said, "Yeah!"

So cute!!!

2 comments:

Karina Rigtrup said...

Ok, I'm laughing out loud right now! I love that she asked where her Troy is...so cute!

Janeece said...

Linus and I had a blast. Thanks for letting us come.

HSM FOREVA!