Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Conference Weekend

I always love conference weekend and love it now even more because Chris got a cable that hooks up our laptop to the TV so now we can see it on TV instead of the laptop screen. All the talks were awesome and gave me that spiritual boost that I needed. I always love President Monson, he's got the best stories, but I love how he really emphasized living in the now and being happy with who we are and not taking anything for granted. I thought about this and feel so lucky about my life and decided to start taking those opportunities to live in the now and just slow down and enjoy life rather than rushing through to the next thing all the time.


I also loved Elder Wirthin, always always love Elder Utchdorf, Elder Bednar and just all of them, it was really good.


Lori and Preston came for the Sunday morning session and then we had brunch and made Abelskivers (pancake puffs), we had to rename it because Chris said it sounded like a skin disease. We also had the usual sausage, eggs, hashbrown,mmmmmmm yummy!

Beckham has refused to eat in his booster high chair. He always sees Brooklyn sitting at her little table and wants to sit there. So I started letting him sit there, he is such a big boy and eats his food better than when he's in the high chair. So anyway these next pictures are of the kids eating together, I thought it was so cute!


Check Beckham out with his foot all on the table


And here they are later that day, hanging out with daddy. Check out Beckham's cute cowboy jammas.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Melissa, I found your blog through your facebook page. I love blogs-such a great way to keep in touch. Mine is cgneitin.blogspot.com. Keep in touch.

Sowells said...

I'm so jealous you got to go home and to Glacier! How fun - and Happy Birthday! - Sorry its so late - but I believe in Birthday months instead of just one day. One day is too short.