Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sparkling Fairies fun!!!

My cute little sparkling Brooklyn fairy. She had so much fun with her preschool and so did I. She loves her classmates Hadley and Grace and it's been fun to see them enjoy learning and growing together. Here are some pictures of their class and their field trips. One lesson I taught we learned the letter "I" and their favorite part was making an "I" with pretzels. The made ice cream cones and caterpillar (Insects) on paper and then got insect houses to go looking for bugs...they loved it!

Back in March we did the letter "G" for green and St. Patrick's day. We learned about St. Patrick's day, leprechauns, shamrocks, colors of the rainbows, pots of gold, sang fun songs, had grapes, green pixie sticks and a green drink.

The last lesson I did before summer was the letter "W". We learned the days of the week and they all got a weekly calendar, made wind chimes and learned about water and how things float or sink. They, again, made "W's" with pretzels and then that was the day of Brooklyn's miniature birthday party so we cut the lesson short to have more friends over to party!

We have also gone on two more field trips. They went to a cute farm where they were able to interact with many different animals. Brooklyn had already helped her Papa field a baby calf a bottle so that wasn't new to her but she loved doing it anyway. One of the funnest things was actually watching little baby chicks hatch out of their eggs. My kids also LOVED the BIG pig and the little baby pigs, it was a really fun day out and afterward we went to the park and had a picnic and played for a long time.

The last field trip before we ended our preschool for summer was to a place called "Paint the Town". It is a paint your own pottery place. On this particular day they were letting the little ones come in a paint a 4"x4" tile for Father's day. Both of my kids put their handprints on them, they turned out really cute!

I can't wait to start up preschool again next fall, Brooklyn has really enjoyed it and I just love watching her learn and become such a social butterfly.....my oh my they grow fast!

Oh and there are some pictures of a Mounted Police Tour we took with a mom's group I am part of. So it wasn't preschool realted...I'm just lazy and didn't want to do a separate post...hee hee. But the kids loved seeing the horses and learning about the police. Then, of course, they saw the cat that hangs out there and ended up chasing after it.


No comments: