Saturday, December 6, 2008

Our sneaky 3 year old

So I think we just thought we could trust Brooklyn and that she wouldn't have any clue to look for Christmas presents. She was confused when we brought home one of Beckham's presents and then didn't let him play with it. Well, we started hiding the presents, wrapped and unwrapped, behind the curtains in our room. Brooklyn must have caught a glimpse of them and wanted to check them out. We had put the kids to bed and we were just watching TV downstairs when I went up to get something.....and saw Brooklyn sneaking in our room and had opened a present and had found a sticker book and was putting stickers all over....it was so funny because she saw me and then threw the book down and said "I'm going to bed" and ran down the hall to her room. Little stinker! Luckily the sticker book was just a little present for the car trip to Utah so it wasn't a big gift or anything but it was still supposed to be a surprise. She did open one present and was trying to check it out when I caught her but I don't think she knew what it was. She also saw Beckham's motorcycle rocker and keeps asking when we are going to play with it. And she thought she was getting a spiderman idog but that is Beckham's too....we knew they would fight over them so we are getting each of them one. They both love music and love to dance, especially to High School Musical. Anyway, we had to have a little talk with her and tell her not to open the presents and so she told her dad when she went to bed a couple nights later that Jesus says don't go see the presents, stay in bed, Ha!!!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Sometimes I wonder how many years my kids actually knew what they were getting for Christmas when I thought I had really surprised them. I know that when I was a kid I found all of my gifts one year which was so exciting . . . until Christmas morning and then I was dissapointed because I already knew what I was getting. She sounds like she is a typical 3 yr old. :) Oh the joys of being a parent. :)

Shannon said...

LOL - that is too funny! I remember looking for gifts when I was little, but I don't think I opened any of them :)

I love that she was putting the stickers on :)

Jill said...

I love it! That is a great story!